A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
KlSS is kind of finished, but improvements will be added over time. I'd love to read your thoughts about the game; they might even influence what I'll do next.
- 15 levels and more* .
- Runtime Level Editor.
- Developer candy.
*Each week (or something like that), I will release a new level, which will be downloaded automatically when opening the game. Only the most recent level will be downloaded!
KlSS (Key, love, Sword, Shield) is a simple puzzle game with retro (Atari 2600) aesthetics. The first few levels expose the main features and serious challenges come after that. You like challenging your mind? Give this game a try.
- Arrows: Move
- Space: Retry
- Esc: Quit game
- PageUp: Next level
- PageDown: Previous level
Levels are located in the Content subfolder. To create a new level, turn ON level editing and use the PageUp button to go past the last level. This should bring you to a very minimalist template level. Edit it at will and then save with the Floppy Disk icon.
- Tab: Toggle level editor
- Mouse click
- On level: Paint tile with selected brush
- On tiles at the right: Select brush
- On floppy disk at the bottom: Save level to file
- Right mouse click (on level): Erase tiles
- Mouse wheel: Select next/previous brush
Are you a game developer?
KlSS is my first attempt at using MonoGame (I've been using Unity). Here's the stuff that might interest you:
- It is opensource.
- It integrates CircleCI; the game is built automatically for Windows, Mac and Linux each time a commit is pushed to GitHub.
- It will soon integrate Butler; the game will be built and uploaded automatically to Itch.io when a commit is pushed to the master branch.
- Jean-David Moisan, for inspiring me into using MonoGame;
- Gabriel Le Breton, for his integration of CircleCI.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Much Polish & Some FixesMay 03, 2019
- New Weekly Level Available.Apr 23, 2019
- High(low?)scores and LevelsApr 16, 2019
- Small fixes and improvementsApr 12, 2019
- Now with 15 levelsApr 09, 2019
- Runtime Level Editor addedApr 09, 2019
- Now on Windows, Mac and Linux, with colors and sounds!Apr 07, 2019
- No sound yet, but hey, it works!Apr 06, 2019
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.